The manufacturer warrants to the ORIGINAL purchaser, or the SELLING dealer, when NORMAL use and PROPER care is exercised, that:
- FRAMES will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of TEN (10) years for residential use and THREE (3) years for commercial use.
- Firepit BURNERS will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of TWO (2) years for residential use and ONE (1) year for commercial use.
- Firepit IGNITORS will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of NINETY (90) days for residential use and THIRTY (30) days for commercial use.
- The POWDER COAT FINISH will be free from defects in material or workmanship (including peeling or blistering) for a period of THREE (3) years*. Note: Due to the unique nature of hand applied finishes, fading and wearing of hand-applied finishes is not included in this warranty.
- The SYNTHETIC (VINYL) WICKER will be free from defects in material or workmanship (including peeling or blistering) for a period of TWO (2) years.
- CUSHIONS & Sling FABRICS will be free from defects in material or workmanship (including peeling or blistering) for a period of ONE (1) year.
- UMBRELLA FRAMES will be free from defects in material or workmanship (including peeling or blistering) for a period of ONE (1) year.
- PARTS (i.e. glides, hardware, rubber tires, FRP (Rocker) Plates, etc.) will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of ONE (1) year for residential use.
If your furniture structurally fails within its warranty period, the manufacturer will, at its option, will repair or replace the frame without charge to the original purchaser; parts and labor included. ALL WARRANTIES BEGIN FROM THE INITIAL DATE OF DELIVERY ON THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE to the ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
*Note: Use of abrasive furniture covers voids the finish warranty. Protective covers must be cloth lined and/or have no abrasive surface that could potentially cause premature wear to the finish. Covers should not be used in windy conditions or in areas with dirt in the air; such as in or near an area where construction is taking place. Furniture must be completely clean and dry before being covered. Finish claims determined to be caused by improperly covering furniture will be denied.
The manufacturer does NOT warrant to the ORIGINAL purchaser, or the SELLING dealer, if:
- An Act of Nature, normal wear and tear, chipping, fading, exposure to harsh chemicals, solvents or abrasives, abuse, glass breakage, wind damage or failure to take reasonable care of the furniture results in damage to the furniture.
- FREEZE DAMAGE: Warranty is void if furniture is stored upside down when temperatures are at or below freezing or if weep holes have been clogged or restricted for any reason. Periodically check weep holes to make sure they are free and clear so condensation and moisture can drain easily from the frame. If the weep holes become covered or impaired by snow or water that is deeper than the weep holes, furniture should be raised above the moisture level to avoid freeze damage from occurring even if furniture is right-side up.
- Any repairs or alterations have been made to the furniture by ANYONE other than the manufacturer.
Salt, Chemical and High Humidity Exposure
Use in environments where the furniture is exposed to salt, chemicals or high levels of humidity will require additional care and may void warranty if not cared for properly. Cast Classics recommends regular cleaning in these situations (i.e. every 1-2 weeks) as well as WHENEVER any salt or chemicals are visible on the surface. Be diligent to inspect and clean the hidden areas such as the inside of the legs or the underside of any horizontal surfaces (i.e. seats, table tops etc.). When in doubt, clean it. It is always better to be safe than sorry.Any damage resulting from exposure to salt, chemicals or high humidity will not be covered under warranty.
- The manufacturer will pay the freight to/from the factory, warehouse, or local repair/refinish companies, for items claimed within twelve (12) months from the initial date of delivery to the consumer on the ORIGINAL purchase; or dealer if the item has not yet been sold. (Coverage of shipping charges is only applicable in the Continental United States and Canada). The manufacturer will not be liable for shipping charges (to/from the factory, warehouse, or local repair/refinish companies) for items claimed after this period.
- The manufacturer will not be responsible for packaging charges on any claim, regardless of timing.
- All pieces, including broken parts separated from the frames, must be included with returned items in order to receive credit, repair or replacement.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make minor design changes, modifications and discontinue finish colors, fabrics or styles without prior notice. If a replacement is deemed necessary and the model or finish has been discontinued, it will be replaced with the closest model and/or finish to the original.
- All furniture is hand painted and therefore no two pieces are exactly alike. Each piece has its own charm and identity. Therefore, the manufacturer cannot guarantee exact matches in finish from piece to piece.
- Warranty claims must be initiated directly through the manufacturer. Do not contact your dealer. In order for a warranty claim to be reviewed, a warranty claim form must be filled out completely and accompanied by the customer’s original purchase receipt along with the appropriate photograph(s) documenting the problem. A warranty request form can be downloaded from our web site or obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax a request to 201-896-1539.
This warranty is void if any repair or alteration is made to the furniture.